Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

WoT back Sept 1st
1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
The WoT servers will be back up on the 1st. Razz

Taken from: http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/stand_by_till_1_09

World of Tanks closed beta goes to stand-by mode till September 1

We are planning some big updates for the World of Tanks closed beta, which will include launching new game servers in North America and delivering a fresh patch containing new game features. To make sure everything works well, we will halt the game servers from 9 a.m. GMT August 26 till September 1.

On September 1, we will be on air again with all the players connected to the American servers. Several days after that, the new 0.5 patch will be rolled out with several new features, which are:

Squad fights.
A squad will include 2 to 3 people and will allow players to invite their friends and join a random battle as a single fighting unit, which will help them coordinate their actions and maneuvers.

Additional modules.
Install rammers and increase your firing rate, take suspension stiffeners and improve your tank’s tonnage, decrease visibility by installing a camouflage net, choose between dozens of upgrades that differ depending on a tank model you choose.

Crew kits.
Equip you tank crew with fire extinguishers, repair kits, first-aid sets and other elements, with each of them providing extra help in battles.

With the new patch rolled out, all beta testers will get 5000 gold each to test the new game features. The patch will be followed by a “light” wipe when the players will go back to tier 1 tanks, but all the experience they have earned will be converted into free experience which they will be able to use at their leisure. All credits will remain as well, and losing all the tanks, modules, and shells will be compensated by corresponding amount of credits spent on buying them. If a player had a premium tank or shells, compensation will be arranged in respectful amount of gold.

Stay tuned, we’ll be informing you on all major events on World of Tanks.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
my wife freaked out (she started playing WoT 2 days before they took it down).

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
— Kuebel
my wife freaked out (she started playing WoT 2 days before they took it down).

Twisted Evil Thats the coolest sentence I've read in the last year!

I changed the title accordingly. Heehee

This patch looks awsome, I cant wait.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
SplatFace
Finally! I can have a chance at killing those bastards that had the MAUS or the IS-4!

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 277
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send SplatFace a private message Find all posts by SplatFace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
So after looking at the forums, and only reading what the admins and developers post, this is what I've gathered.

1. Servers are being moved from germany to the east coast of the US on the 1st, but patch will be a few days later. I had no problem playing from the US, so you guys should be fine.

2. The new servers will handle bigger loads, so most likely will have more than the 30 players max we have now.

3. We can now play in squads of 3, so at least some of us are always on the same team in random battles.

4. Still get 150 gold per day, but not unless you have under 3000. So spend some gold right off.

5. The patch will add 2 new maps, with a 3rd added soon after.

6. You dont get to keep your old crews.

Also alittle math I did:
5000 gold is 2000000(2 million) credits
If you train a full crew up to 50% it will cost 1250 gold
With 5000 gold you can buy 2 months of premium account (dont)

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
Kuebel
Their moving the servers?
Hope they'll setup european ones again when they do the release (they probably will considering Russia has it's own servers and they're playing a full version apparently).

@ Point #2, I think they mean the cluster can support bigger loads, meaning we won't get as much lag when there are over a few thousand people on. Can't see them increasing the number of people in actual battles (not yet anyway, 30 is ok for testing the maps out, and the current maps'll be a bit overcrowded with more than 30, in my opinion anyway).

@ Point #3, At least one person in the squad has to have premium active.

@ Point #6, Aye, I read that the day they took it down, pretty shit to be honest with you, I had one set of crew on 90%+, and all the others were from 70-90%.

@ Your maths: 5,000 x 200 = 1,000,000... Also with a premium account you can grind up the credits in a day (plus you get a big fat xp bonus) that you'd otherwise get from converting (in fact I made a "profit" last time).

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
CelticJay
xD ehm can anybody tell me how long it takes to get the beta key? I am still waiting? I had my registration 2 weeks ago... Greetings

Brigadier

Groups Brigadier
Posts 448
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send CelticJay a private message Find all posts by CelticJay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
Depends on where you registered. If you registered at the site Romulus original posted, then you get it instantly (it's not sent to your email though, it's on the page that you click on when verifying your email address iirc, READ the website after logging in and you'll find it somewhere). If you registered for the beta through the official website, I've no idea how long it'll take for you to get the key, if you get one at all.

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
— Kuebel
Their moving the servers?
Hope they'll setup european ones again when they do the release (they probably will considering Russia has it's own servers and they're playing a full version apparently).

@ Point #2, I think they mean the cluster can support bigger loads, meaning we won't get as much lag when there are over a few thousand people on. Can't see them increasing the number of people in actual battles (not yet anyway, 30 is ok for testing the maps out, and the current maps'll be a bit overcrowded with more than 30, in my opinion anyway).

@ Point #3, At least one person in the squad has to have premium active.

@ Point #6, Aye, I read that the day they took it down, pretty shit to be honest with you, I had one set of crew on 90%+, and all the others were from 70-90%.

@ Your maths: 5,000 x 200 = 1,000,000... Also with a premium account you can grind up the credits in a day (plus you get a big fat xp bonus) that you'd otherwise get from converting (in fact I made a "profit" last time).

Yeah, they are moving everyone to the US server to test it. Dont worry they will move them back to EU before the beta is over. They will definately have regional servers when the game comes out.

@ #2 The game will be 30 vs 30 when it comes out. Your right about it helping lag but it will also allow for more player per team. Something they are going to do before the beta is over, and most likely on the new US server.

@ #3 Really? Thats an odd thing to do in the beta. Bummer, but should be easy enough, or just keep playing the way we have been I guess...

@ #6 Yeah I had two full crews maxed. Crying or Very sad It sounds like they are adding new crew abilities, or makeing the ones they already had work. I'm not really clear on this but whatever they are doing changes it too much for us to keep to old ones.

@ Your math: 1 gold = 400 credits. So... 5000 gold is 2000000(2 million) credits.
And are you saying you can get 1 million credits a day grinding a priemium account? Shocked

Hey CelticJay, where did you try to get your key from? It really shouldnt have taken more then an hour or two at the most. Depending on, like Kuebel said, where you got it. They stopped giving out betas on Aug 18th. Sad

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Adrics
The servers are back again Very Happy

Posts 19
Joined Mar 29, 2010
Status Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
I just logged on,everything is the same.spose it will be updated tomorrow

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 2.4hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
1. Servers are being moved from germany to the east coast of the US on the 1st, but patch will be a few days later.

Maybe I'm making my posts too long...

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
lol sorry mate,hands up i didnt read it all.am happy enough servers are back up.i can now idle on bf2 and play wot while starting server,good enough for me.5000 gold is added Very Happy

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 2.4hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Heehee. Very Happy

It almost sounds like the new patch will be tomorrow. Twisted Evil

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am Reply with quote
Kuebel
Weird, was my reply deleted for some reason, or did I forget to press the submit button?

Anyway. I thought the exchange rate was 1 gold = 200 credits, and you can easily get 50k credits in a day when using premium. 50k credits = 250 gold at the 200 credit exchange rate that I thought it was.

I'm currently having trouble connecting to it right now, tells me "Unable to connect to the network". Are they updating it now?

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4