Android
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

#1: No icon Android Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 am
    —
Anyone else finding the longer they use Android the more bugs that you seem to notice? It seemed really good at the start but at the moment I probably wouldn't go back to an Android phone, although there is loads of apps which are mostly free the amount of small problems with the Operating System are starting to drive me mad. Anyone else getting fed up?

#2: No icon Re: Android Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 am
    —
Don't have an Android but my Mrs is thinking of getting one. How bad are the bugs?

#3: No icon Re: Android Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 am
    —
When watching YouTube videos it freezes sometimes which can only be fixed when taking the battery out. Sometimes when typing online the blinking cursor seems to jump to the middle of a word so you end up typing crap, again when typing online sometimes the browser crashes with the error "Samsung IME has crashed". Just loads of wee things like that which end up pissing you off a year or two down the line. It would depend what all she was doing on it, if it's just to call/text/browse the odd time she probably won't notice.

#4: No icon Re: Android Author: ViPer-F PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:08 pm
    —
dunno, maybe its the specific brand/model/unit?
i pers have a samsung & it works like clockwork so far!
..doesn't feel 'korean' more like 'german' to me: solid, fast, no bugs or negligeable... had a horrible htc before but a mate of mine loves them (switched from a blackberry) it depends, i guess...

...OR, is there a magnet anywhere near it (carcass, etc)??
That would explain it going crazy; magnets are kown to cause issues during calls, bad reception, GPS location, etc etc, as it seems to scramble signals...

#5: No icon Re: Android Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 pm
    —
— ViPer-F wrote
dunno, maybe its the specific brand/model/unit?
i pers have a samsung & it works like clockwork so far!
..doesn't feel 'korean' more like 'german' to me: solid, fast, no bugs or negligeable... had a horrible htc before but a mate of mine loves them (switched from a blackberry) it depends, i guess...

...OR, is there a magnet anywhere near it (carcass, etc)??
That would explain it going crazy; magnets are kown to cause issues during calls, bad reception, GPS location, etc etc, as it seems to scramble signals...

No magnet and I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

#6: No icon Re: Android Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:40 pm
    —
Also everyone I know that has an Android phone have had problems with them at some point. One of my mates phone battery started going from 80% to 2% in about 30 seconds or so due to a Firmware update as well as another guy who's phone sent texts to the wrong people.

#7: No icon Re: Android Author: ViPer-F PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
    —
wow, thts weird! ..i dunno, beats me m8 Razz ...used to hve problems w the old htc but it ws probably due to the magnet on the case thts why i mentioned it...
i've been told the same about windows and  updates in general; to use the 3rd oldest version..

#8: No icon Re: Android Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm
    —
I have to get a new Smartphone soon...
My old Samsung hit the ground too often  Very Happy

I am thinking about a Samsung S3 but I would like to try an other OS too.
So I've got to choose Apple Linux, Android or the OS from Mozilla

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1