Rainmeter Review
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Software

#1: No icon Rainmeter Review Author: Freddy PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:47 pm
    —
Rainmeter is a pretty neat little piece of software that displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on your desktop. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity. So far I have had a lot of time to test out and customize my own skins as well as tinker with other peoples ideas and skins. I have to say that using Rainmeter at the beginning was a bit tough for me but the more you work on it the better you will get at customizing your desktop and making Rainmeter look just how you want it.

Here is an example of a good set up for Rainmeter:
Hidden: 
(protip: it's my desktop), here are a couple of other set ups that people have made
Hidden: 

Hidden: 

Hidden: 

As you can see by this pictures you can set your desktop to a slick minimalistic look or a full blown all system information set up. Rainmeter basically gives you full control over what information you wish to be chosen on the screen and you get to customize how it looks like as well. To change how your rainmeter looks you should first start by going to the rainmeter forums and you might find yourself a nice skin that you could possibly customize but I'd recommend going to Deviantart and have a look there as the people over on that site make some pretty amazing stuff.

To make your Rainmeter set up look better I've found a way to change your start orb and theme as well as some icon packs. What you want to do is after you have set up your Rainmeter you should head to Deviantart. There you can browse the quick links on the left and navigate through them until you find what you're looking for. In this case we are looking for THIS and THIS. After you have chosen the theme you would like to install just follow the instructions given in the readme with the file that you downloaded. As for the start orb, when you decide which start orb you would like you should download This program right here. After you have downloaded the file of the start orb you have chosen you should unzip it and install the start orb using the program you just downloaded. I think I don't have to explain how the program works because it's pretty much self-explanatory.

Hope you have enjoyed reading my guide and I hope you found it useful Very Happy
Last edited by Freddy on Mon May 28, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: Rainmeter Review Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 pm
    —
I love that Tron skin!

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1