GPU died
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon GPU died Author: Saspi PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:02 pm
    —
Ok I lost my pc, the GPU just died and i cant play any videogames....
One more person joins the soulfly club XD

#2: No icon Re: GPU died Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 pm
    —
lol its shit eh,ive managed to keep busy though got a bmw cheap off my cousin.ive just replaced the engine,now runing sweet Very Happy

#3: No icon Re: GPU died Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:48 pm
    —
Aw Bummer Sasp, I hate to hear that.  The Soulfly club will grab anything within reach of its massive gravitational pull.     Hope I dont get conscripted before my new computer arrives.  

Damn Soul, wish I had a sweet running BMW...

#4: No icon Re: GPU died Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:02 pm
    —
Unfortunately it has already claimed its third member. I am now without motherboard as it will no longer turn on...

#5: No icon Re: GPU died Author: Saspi PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 am
    —
I just got out, my pc is working again... but for how long?!?!?!??!

#6: No icon Re: GPU died Author: Saspi PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 am
    —
AYE, "for how long" was the question...

It looks like my membership to soulfly´s club hasnt expired
I finally moved to my dads house and my pc aint working, me and my dad have tried to fix it but no success yet, im almost sure its the video card cause it doesnt work on my dads pc either.

#7: No icon Re: GPU died Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 pm
    —
unlucky mate give hawk a shout he might be able to help.whats happening to make you think its th gpu?

#8: No icon Re: GPU died Author: Saspi PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm
    —
Well when it first happened i did some investigation and it all pointed out to the gpu, but now the symptoms are different and it looks like my video card is dead, might be the gpu as well....

Ill take it to an nvidia workshop in still some days because im still setting up some stuff about my new school right now

#9: No icon Re: GPU died Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm
    —
not much help but try cleaning it.dust can cause alot of issues,try using a  hover or a can of compressed air to remove the dust,it has helped me in the past.moniter the temp levels.good luck getting it fixed,gaming withdrawl isnt nice Very Happy

#10: No icon Re: GPU died Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm
    —
Just be careful with a hover as it can cause a lot of static

#11: No icon Re: GPU died Author: Saspi PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 am
    —
A hover what do you mean?

I have cleaned it and changed ceramic as well, so not sure whats wrong. There was nothing that seemed broken or burnt so i have no idea whats wrong.

#12: No icon Re: GPU died Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 am
    —
Hoover is a famous american brand of vacuum cleaner. Most British people use Hoover and Vacuum cleaner synonymously. Above what a typo from both Soul and I, unless Soul meant something else?!

#13: No icon Re: GPU died Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am
    —
lol thats what i ment.saspi is the pc still booting up and crashs when you try start a program that uses alot of graphics resorces?or it doesnt boot up at all now?

#14: No icon Re: GPU died Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 pm
    —
I told saspi what his problem was......shogun 2 kept crashing so i told him to install EVGA precision tool and to tell me his graphics card temps.....when he ran shogun 2 and it crashed he told me the EVGA tool reported that his graphics card temperature was at 100 degrees celcius (FUCK!!! 100 degrees celcius is boiling point)......so i told him to set EVGA to auto fan control so that the hotter his graphics card got the faster the fan on the card would go to cool the GPU chip, i also told him to have EVGA tool start on windows bootup. After this he could play shogun 2 with just the odd crash.....but his graphics card temperature was still going into the high 80's.
Saspi's PC case only has 1 fan on the back......so airflow in his pc case is a BIG problem as his PC is not being cooled enough, if his graphics card is reaching 100 degrees i'd hate to think what temperature his CPU, RAM, Motherboard and other hardware are reaching.....add that he stays in mexico which is a very hot country and as far as i know his house don't have modern air conditioning to keep his room cool.......so add all these factors up and you get to the simple fact that his graphics card chip has burned out.........the card will not show any signs of burn marks on the actual graphics card.....as typical burn marks are caused by the card blowing a capacitor or diode due to short circuiting, or voltage overload.........running a graphics card under excessive heat will only damage the cores of the GPU chip and cause it to die.

#15: No icon Re: GPU died Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:06 am
    —
unlucky mate i feel your pain! learn from it this time though,when you get it up and runing again make sure you have enough fans etc to keep it cool enough.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1